This is a Full Time, Exempt position and reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Company. It is based out of our Santa Clara, CA office.
Webscale is a leader in observability and cloud delivery for the ecommerce segment. With over $50 million in funding from investors and Silicon Valley Bank, led by BGV, STCAP Ventures, and Mohr Davidow Ventures, Webscale grew 108% in 2020, powering hundreds of storefronts, particularly those leveraging newer trends with headless and progressive web app (PWA) architectures. This growth is continuing as merchants demand more flexibility, scale, and security, coupled with fast, simple deployments, for seamless user experiences.
Webscale is seeking a strategic and creative Director of Product Marketing to join our Marketing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for being a champion for new product innovations, providing our partners and sales force with the information it requires to advance product sales, as well as working hand in hand with the content marketing function to create programs and supporting collateral that inspire our target audience, retain customers and increase revenues.
The Director of Product Marketing is a high-impact, marketing leadership role responsible for developing product marketing strategies and go-to-market plans in collaboration with the sales and product development teams. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of executing highly-effective marketing campaigns that connect product vision to market need by crafting compelling content and messaging designed to simplify narratives associated with highly sophisticated, e-commerce platform optimization solutions.
What we’re looking for in you
We have aggressive plans for continued expansion with thousands of customers and growing. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will use your experience and proven track record of executing highly-effective marketing campaigns that connect product vision to market need by crafting compelling content and messaging designed to simplify narratives associated with highly sophisticated, ecommerce platform optimization solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Own product marketing, pricing and packaging through customer lifecycle, from driving awareness and acquisition, to upsells and ongoing retention
- Partner with Engineering and Marketing to develop product strategy and roadmap
- Review competitive offerings in the industry, contribute to the product definition process and its ongoing differentiation
- Be a conduit between Engineering and the sales and marketing organizations, decoding our technology into concise and compelling market-ready collateral
- Work with content and digital teams to develop outbound marketing strategies to accelerate the adoption of Webscale products and services among target audiences
- Perform buyer and market research to understand industry trends and ensure resonant messages and effective marketing strategy
- Define, develop, and deliver quality content that can be leveraged in marketing and sales activities and thought leadership
- Lead go-to-market strategies, including key messaging development and tactical channel plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Perform market research/market intelligence, to identify trends and opportunities for business growth
- Clearly articulate compelling product narratives, in written and digital communications
- Create content that simplifies complex topics to ensure appropriate understanding and connection to target audience
What you should have
- You have success leading SaaS/Cloud based software solution launches, product positioning, and creating product narratives
- You have a proven track record of high achievement in previous Product Marketing roles working for software companies marketing products to mid-to-large companies
- Ideally you have a solid understanding of the e-commerce industry and integrated payments
- Success driving working with product teams to define product strategy and must have functional requirements
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment and a great attitude.
- Extremely Talented writer with an ability to take complex topics and convert them into strong customer-facing messaging
- Strong collaborative, organizational and analytical skills
- Takes ownership of problems, seeks out help when needed, and knows how to prioritize work.
- Inventive and thrives in a dynamic, very fast paced environment
- Willing to be a doer and a leader
Standard Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ years professional experience in product marketing and/or product management or software engineering functions with extensive experience driving pricing and product packaging
- 5+ years working in product marketing for a cloud infrastructure with products suites in the application monitoring, observability, security or data analytics solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Webscale is a unified observability and delivery platform provider that equips modern ecommerce business owners with deep insight into every facet of ecommerce infrastructure and user experience, while enabling their developers with powerful software to optimize and secure their storefronts. The Webscale platform supports any ecommerce application and can be deployed in any cloud, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. Webscale powers Fortune 1000 brands including Dollar General, Unilever, Swarovski, Olympus, Regal Cinemas, and many more B2C and B2B ecommerce storefronts across 12 countries. Webscale has offices in Santa Clara, CA, Boulder, CO, San Antonio, TX, Bangalore, India, and London, UK.
Follow this link to apply via LinkedIn.