Webscale Launches Cloud Image Manager
Solution Enhances Shopping Experience, While Improving Performance and Reducing the Cost of Content Optimization and Management
Sunnyvale, CA – March 13, 2019 – Webscale, the E-Commerce Cloud Company, today announced the launch of Cloud Image Manager, an automated image optimization and management solution fully integrated with the Webscale Cloud Hosting Platform, for e-commerce businesses wanting to improve user experience and site performance as well as reduce costs.
Images have a significant impact on the user experience of an e-commerce storefront. A typical e-commerce page requires more than 50 web requests to fully render, and more than 60% of its weight can be in images. Subsequently, any improvement in the size of images and the bandwidth they consume, can result in significantly faster page load times and a smoother, more engaging customer experience.
Key Benefits of Cloud Image Manager:
- Better performance through automated image optimization features: Cloud Image Manager can automatically resize, reformat, or compress images based on end user latency, device type, screen resolution, and browser type.
- Reduced costs: As images are manipulated dynamically and on-demand, there is no need to store different variants of an image statically on the origin server, thus reducing storage costs. In addition, automating this task reduces the need to hire costly in-house teams.
- Better shopping experience: Cloud Image Manager enables site administrators to perform customizations on product images, such as zoom-in, logo or text overlays, and color changes on-the-fly, greatly enhancing the shopping experience across platforms and improving engagement.
- New device compatibility and management: Cloud Image Manager ensures that the best suited image is dynamically delivered to every device, including smartwatches, tablets, and smartphones, every time.
- Better visibility and analytics: Webscale’s Cloud Image Manager is deployed in close proximity to the application infrastructure, thus enhancing visibility and analytics.
“Responsive web design is now a necessity for any modern e-commerce site that wants to deliver a personalized digital experience,” said Jay Smith, Founder and CTO of Webscale. “Online storefronts must therefore support a large number of user devices, browsers, screen resolutions, and viewing options (thumbnails, zoom, etc.) to serve the ‘right’ images, fast. Improving the size and bandwidth usage of these images is critical, and Cloud Image Manager has been designed to address these challenges.”
Cloud Image Manager is available today as an add-on to any Webscale plan.
For more information on Webscale’s Cloud Image Manager, visit www.webscale.com/plans/webscale-product/webscale-cloud-image-manager.
Webscale is the E-Commerce Cloud Company and a pioneer in managed hosting and integrated web application delivery in the cloud. Delivered as-a-Service, the Webscale platform allows businesses of all sizes to benefit from infinite scalability, load balancing, high performance, outage prevention, improved security, and simple management in multi-cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. Webscale creates powerful solutions for B2C, B2B, and B2E e-commerce and enterprise customers across platforms such as Magento, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and custom applications. E-commerce storefronts in seven countries and five of the Fortune 1000 businesses use the Webscale platform. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, with offices in Boulder, CO, and Bangalore, India.
For more information, visit www.webscale.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
+1 (408) 416 7943