Why E-Commerce Businesses Need Image Management
- User Experience and Engagement: Images have a huge impact on the user experience, engagement, brand, and credibility of an online storefront.
- Page Load Speeds: A typical e-commerce page needs more than 50 web requests to fully render, and more than 60% of its weight can be in images. Any improvement in image size and the bandwidth they consume can result in significantly faster page load times.
- SEO Ranking and Site Traffic: Improved page speed contributes to better search rankings, and therefore, higher site traffic.
- Conversions and Revenue: Enhancing user experience and engagement leads to higher conversion rates, and ultimately, increased revenue.
- Responsive Design: E-commerce business owners are seeking to deliver a seamless personalized digital experience to all users. It is critical to serve the ‘right’ images, fast, based on the end user’s device type, browser, screen size, and resolution.
- Device Proliferation: With the rapid proliferation of devices such as smartwatches, tablets, and smartphones, formatting images for each new device and screen size can become a huge management hassle.
Improve site performance
Cloud Image Manager can automatically resize, reformat, or compress images to improve site performance. More than 60% of an e-commerce page’s weight can be in images. Cloud Image Manager can automatically resize, reformat, or compress images to improve site performance. Optimal images can be delivered based on end user latency, device type, screen resolution, and browser type.
Enhance user experience
Cloud Image Manager enables site administrators to perform customizations on product images to improve user engagement. Cloud Image Manager enables site administrators to perform customizations on product images. Customizations can include zoom-in, logo or text overlays, and color changes on-the-fly, significantly enhancing the shopping experience across platforms and improving engagement.
Cloud Image Manager can save costs by reducing the storage required for images, and by eliminating the need to hire costly in-house teams. As images are manipulated dynamically and on-demand, there is no need to store different variants of an image statically on the origin server, thus reducing storage costs. What’s more, automating this task reduces the need to hire costly in-house teams.
Leverage responsive site design
Webscale's Cloud Image Manager ensures that the best suited image is dynamically delivered to every device, every time. Responsive web design is now a necessity for any modern e-commerce site that wants to deliver a personalized digital experience. It is imperative to serve the ‘right’ images, fast, based on the end user’s device, browser, and screen resolution. Cloud Image Manager ensures that the best suited image is dynamically delivered to every device, every time.
Stay compatible with new devices
Cloud Image Manager automatically formats images for all new devices and screen sizes, while reducing complexity. As new smartwatches, tablets, and smartphones are released with improved capabilities, formatting images for every new device type and screen size can get extremely complex and cumbersome. Cloud Image Manager does this automatically to ensure the best possible experience for end users in terms of image delivery, instead of burdening the site administrator with additional complexity.
Gain better visibility and analytics
Webscale’s Cloud Image Manager is deployed in close proximity to the application infrastructure, thus enhancing visibility and analytics.Webscale’s Cloud Image Manager is deployed in close proximity to the application infrastructure, thus enhancing visibility and analytics. Gain insight into how web pages perform, including benefits from any image optimization applied. This is available through the traffic viewer and performance tests.
Since moving into the cloud with Webscale, we’ve seen our site’s performance increase and costs lowered! The better performance equals more revenue for our business. We’re extremely satisfied!
Features and Functionality
Webscale’s image optimization engine integrates and works cohesively with multiple CDNs to greatly improve site performance.
How it Works
Cloud Image Manager is built into the Webscale platform. It can be enabled in seconds with a simple DNS change or activated via minor configuration changes for existing customers. For Magento deployments, configuration changes include changing the base media URL to allow all image requests to be fetched from the image optimization engine, when the images are not available on the CDN.
Specify policies to manipulate and optimize images on a centralized portal. Optimizations include overlaying text, URL-based resizing, blurring backgrounds, and more.
Manage and Secure
The Webscale platform is device-aware and dynamically identifies device types accessing your site, and right-sizes the images delivered to the end user’s browser. It also provides insight into the performance of the web pages, including benefits from any image optimization applied. This is available through the traffic viewer and performance tests.
What our customers are saying
HELP IS AT HAND!
Schedule a 15 minute call with one of our e-commerce specialists.