Lensabl’s business is built around installing prescription lenses into any pair of glasses. With an estimated 188.7 million people in the US who wear corrective eyewear or contact lenses, the startup is rapidly scaling its direct to consumer business based in Los Angeles.
The two-member founding team of Lensabl launched their site with a third-party DevOps provider. However, as the site grew they started experiencing frequent downtime, lack of timely support, and unwarranted additional charges. Lensabl was looking for a team of cloud and ecommerce experts who could act as their extended IT arm. The lead web engineer of Lensabl had worked with Webscale during his time at Unilever/Murad, and trusted the team to deliver and solve their DevOps challenges.
Lack of expert IT resources
Third-party DevOps provider
Webscale has deployed Webscale Pro along with Premium Support for Lensabl. The primary reason cited for choosing Webscale was our comprehensive service offering that addressed all their requirements – predictive auto-scaling, content optimization, intelligent caching, daily cloud backups and round-the-clock support. The founders were familiar with Webscale, as such they trusted the support team to deliver 24/7, as well as always be available via the dedicated Slack channel included with Premium Support. Webscale is a true extension of the Lensabl team, and while they had already migrated to the cloud (AWS), the team optimized their cloud architecture for Magento and AWS so they could get more from their infrastructure.
Webscale provides Lensabl with:
- Team of cloud and ecommerce experts working as an extension of their IT team.
- Stable, secure, and scalable cloud delivery infrastructure.
- Unlimited, real-time, and predictive auto-scaling, capable of forecasting traffic surges and scaling ahead of demand automatically, ensuring 100% uptime and fast page loads at all times.
- Application-aware WAF that delivers robust protection against DDoS and application-specific cyber-attacks.
- 24×7 premium support by an award-winning team of certified cloud and ecommerce experts.
- End-to-end, real-time visibility into their hosting infrastructure, site traffic, and user experience.
“One of the challenges of managing a complex architecture is being proactive everyday. Webscale provides us the tools to remain informed in realtime. Their dashboard is intuitive, informative and easy to navigate. I am grateful to have them as our DevOps team.”
Lead Web Engineer
Saved by Right-sizing
Webscale ensures Lensabl’s cloud delivery infrastructure is always right-sized, so they never overpay for unused capacity.
Saved in Lost Sales
With auto-scaling, Lensabl can prevent the loss of millions of dollars in sales due to downtime and improve site performance.
Lensabl has access to Webscale’s team of cloud and ecommerce experts, with 50+ cloud accreditations and certifications, acting as their extended IT arm.
Webscale’s proactive support team offers Lensabl peace of mind during issues, with unmatched cloud and ecommerce expertise.