Case Study – Alex and Ani
Alex and Ani is an American producer and retailer of designer jewelry. Its first retail store opened in Newport, RI in 2009. Their products’ signature design feature is the patented sliding mechanism that replaces the traditional clasp, so each bracelet is entirely adjustable, making it “one-size-fits-all.”
Jewelry and Accessories
Alex and Ani has grown considerably in the last 10+ years, from $5M to over $500M in revenue, with much of this growth coming from the ecommerce business. A longtime Rackspace customer, Alex and Ani had continuously added to their infrastructure as they grew but in the 2018 holiday season, they experienced a spike in traffic and were unable to scale. As a result, the site experienced performance and availability issues. They decided to engage Webscale.
Need for better scalability
Webscale has deployed Webscale Enterprise with Cloud Delivery, Webscale Cloud WAF, Webscale Cloud Mirror (disaster recovery), and Webscale Cloud Application Testing for Alex and Ani. The primary reasons Alex and Ani selected Webscale were for its predictive auto-scaling, L7 load balancing, premium support, and 360-degree security suite. Webscale was selected to help make a smooth transition to the cloud, right-size the delivery infrastructure and adhere to their budgets.
Webscale provides Alex and Ani with:
- Stable, secure, and scalable cloud delivery infrastructure without the prior overhead of designing, implementing, and managing it.
- Unlimited, real-time, and predictive auto-scaling, capable of forecasting traffic surges and scaling ahead of demand automatically, ensuring 100% uptime and fast page loads at all times.
- Application-aware WAF that delivers robust protection against DDoS and application-specific cyber-attacks.
- 24×7 proactive support by an award-winning team of certified cloud and ecommerce experts.
- End-to-end, real-time visibility into their cloud delivery infrastructure, site traffic, and user experience.
“After moving to Webscale, Alex and Ani had zero downtime on Black Friday 2019 – a first for the all-important shopping weekend.”
Director of IT
Alex and Ani
Saved in Lost Sales
With predictive auto-scaling, Alex and Ani no longer worries about downtime, and critical lost revenue on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
Webscale enables Alex and Ani to deliver a best-in-class digital experience with faster page loads, browsing, and checkout.
Alex and Ani benefits from cloud infrastructure that uses automation to scale and cater to large traffic spikes, ensuring zero site outages.
Control and Better Visibility
The Webscale Portal, Web Controls, and Traffic Viewer give Alex and Ani unprecedented visibility into their site’s infrastructure, server load and enable the detection and mitigation of security threats.
More Case Studies
Request a Meeting
Schedule a 15-minute call with one of our ecommerce specialists