Case Study – Ego Shoes
Launched in 1976 in Liverpool, UK, women’s footwear retailer EGO Shoes specializes in ‘fast fashion at an affordable price.’ EGO launches a new collection every week with at least 30 new items, ensuring that the business is always style-led and able to respond to rapidly changing customer demands.
EGO Shoes frequently witnessed rapid traffic spikes due to social media campaigns with their celebrity customers, including Kylie Jenner. Consistently slow page load speeds and frequent security breaches were becoming concerns, both of which Webscale helped fix. Then a new challenge came up: EGO’s contract with their hosting provider was expiring soon, and with just a few months left, they needed far more support, which was not forthcoming. These forced them to look for a technology partner who had a comprehensive solution including secure cloud delivery, cloud and ecommerce expertise, and world-class support.
Fully hosted ecommerce platform
Webscale deployed Webscale Pro with Cloud Hosting, Cloud Bot Manager and Application Load Testing for EGO Shoes. The primary reasons cited for the engagement included predictive auto-scaling, L7 load balancing, premium support, portal access, security, and web application firewall (WAF).
Webscale provides EGO Shoes with:
- Stable, secure, and scalable cloud delivery infrastructure without the prior overhead of designing, implementing, and managing it.
- Unlimited, real-time, and predictive auto-scaling, capable of forecasting traffic surges and scaling ahead of demand automatically, ensuring 100% uptime and fast page loads at all times.
- Application-aware WAF that delivers robust protection against DDoS and application-specific cyber-attacks.
- 24×7 proactive support including a dedicated Slack channel by an award-winning team of certified cloud and ecommerce experts.
- End-to-end, real-time visibility into their cloud delivery infrastructure, site traffic, and user experience through the Webscale Customer Portal.
“Everyone was cheering in the office! We’ve never had this much traffic before (a post by Kylie Jenner triggered a 1250% spike in traffic). It was a lot more than Black Friday. Webscale’s technology helped us remain stable.”
Head of Development
Webscale enables EGO Shoes to deliver a best-in-class digital experience with faster page loads, browsing, and checkout.
Webscale’s proactive support team offers EGO Shoes peace of mind during issues, with unmatched cloud and ecommerce expertise.
EGO Shoes benefits from cloud infrastructure that uses automation to scale and cater to large traffic spikes, ensuring zero site outages. On March 12, 2020, an Instagram post by Kylie Jenner resulted in a 1250% increase in traffic. Requests per second rose from 200 to 2700. With Webscale, the site reported stable response time.
Saved in Right-sizing
Webscale ensures EGO Shoes’ cloud delivery infrastructure is always right-sized, so they never need to overpay for unused capacity. The client reported over 75% cost saving.
More Case Studies
Request a Meeting
Schedule a 15-minute call with one of our ecommerce specialists